Sunday, November 17, 2013

YELLOW CAR! There's one >>>>!!

I stopped at a yard sale and there it was, a Little Deuce Ford Coupe roadster - canary yellow with red flames, chrome wheels and exhaust, V-8 with a blower! I had to have it, no matter the cost.

I found the person who has in charge and pushed her to the car. I asked her "How much?" She said it was her son's car at one time. I didn't care whose car it was, I told her I wanted it. I couldn't take out my wallet fast enough.

She looked at the car then at me and then the car again, finally she said, "Would you take care of it and give it a good home?" I immediately said YES! With a little tear in her eye she said the price $1.00. I gave her the dollar as fast as I could . I would have paid twice as much for the yellow car. She reached down and picked it up and gave it to me. I held it, it was MINE!

By now, you probably figured out that it is a toy car with 2 "M&M" figurines sitting in the seat. 

The "Yellow Car" story started when my oldest granddaughter was 5 years old. We'd go somewhere and to keep her occupied I would play a gamed called "Yellow Car". 

When one of us spotted a yellow car, we would yell out "yellow car". The car could be on the road, in a driveway or in a car lot; we'd keep score! We continue to play this game to this day with our younger grandchildren. 

So when I saw the yellow roadster I had to buy it no matter what the cost.

My oldest granddaughter is now 17. A few weeks ago she came for a visit and as we were driving down the road, I yelled out "YELLOW CAR!" and she started to laugh. For the rest of the ride, we played and she won. Great day, great memories.

Some day, I'll give her the yellow roadster so she will remember all of the fun she had with her grandfather, playing "Yellow Car".

I'll look around and find some more yellow cars and give them to my other grandchildren so they will remember the fun playing "Yellow Car" with their grandfather, too.

No comments: