Friday, July 26, 2013

Car Chasing ?

Chasing Classic Cars - Velocity with Wayne Carini is a good car show to watch.


But let's face it >> some rich guy calls him and says that he has a Ferrari for sale. Wayne drives to the seller's home. The Ferrari is in an air conditioned garage with a black and white checker board floor. It looks like someone's living room with plush furniture and a big screen TV.

After the sale they go to a restaurant and have champagne and $100 steak dinners.

When I go out chasing for classic cars it's in my beat up 92 Ford F150 with no a/c. I drive around Southern Arizona in 117 degrees; fend off rattlesnakes, scorpions, Gila monsters and irate gun totting home owners who question my presence on their property until I explain why I am there. I just wanted to check out their old classic car sitting in their yard. I'm lucky to find a hot dog stand and a warm cola. 

There is chasing cars and then there is CHASING cars.

I like Wayne's show, but I don't think he would last two days out here in the desert.

Keep them rolling!

Bill

No comments: